Hebrews 6:19

Hebrews 6:19 "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast...."

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Why this blog exists

The inspiration of this blog has come from a passage of scripture the Lord has continued to give me throughout the last year.  It has been repeated to me through various means:  Bible Study, 2 sermons from two different pastors, a friend, my own personal reading and then by another friend giving me a beautiful plaque with verse 19 on it.  The passage of scripture is found in Hebrews 6:17-20 "Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, He confirmed it with an oath. God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek." NIV  This passage has been repeated so often to me that I realize it is something I must hide deep in my heart.  The words found here are incredibly powerful.  It talks about how the Lord never changes and that it is impossible for Him to lie, He will keep His promises and that we can always take hold of this hope, as it anchors our very souls and that we have the freedom to enter into the presence of our God because Jesus has made that possible.

This whole passage speaks to me, but it is verse 19 "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." that I have choosen to name this blog after.  I quoted the NIV passage but I really love the way the NKJV words it "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul but sure and steadfast."   The plaque my friend gave me has its place on my fireplace mantel.  It serves as a reminder to me of what the Lord has promised and how He and He alone anchors my soul.

May you find encouragement through the words on this blog to seek to spend time with the anchor of your soul, always looking to the hope that Jesus gives us.



No comments:

Post a Comment