Hebrews 6:19

Hebrews 6:19 "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast...."

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Confidence of Hope & Presence of Prayer

Life bustles forward with such activity and energy that often times it threatens to carry me away with it. The hard decisions, the challenges of parenthood, job, marriage, ministry; all things worthy of doing but the feelings of tiredness and failure sometimes loom.  As they threaten to define me, I am drawn back to hope. Not just the mere idea of it but the hope that touches the inner parts of my soul.  It searches out the cobwebs and breaths life into the parts of my heart that so desperately need new life.  I am reminded of Romans 15:13 "I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with the confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." NLT and of Psalm 116:2 "Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath." NLT  None of it, just words, but the power to breath life, to make change.  I am a child of the living God, He bends down to listen, He is the source of hope, the confidence that transfigures me.

I can look around me, I can see the waves of life, the water beneath me, or I can look to my Saviour for the direction He has promised to give me, the faith He told me He will build and be faithful to complete.   I just need to remember who I am. I'm His.  In Him I find freedom to walk in prayer, in hope and to call on Him.

I'm anchored.




No comments:

Post a Comment